Thank you for taking the time to report this bug and helping to make
Ubuntu better. This bug did not have a package associated with it, which
is important for ensuring that it gets looked at by the proper
developers. You can learn more about finding the right package at
https://wiki.ubuntu.com/Bugs/FindRightPackage . I have classified this
bug as a bug in nautilus.

When reporting bugs in the future please use apport by using 'ubuntu-
bug' and the name of the package affected. You can learn more about this
functionality at https://help.ubuntu.com/community/ReportingBugs.

** Package changed: ubuntu => nautilus (Ubuntu)

  "Rename..." menu option falsely greyed out (still works though)

Status in “nautilus” package in Ubuntu:

  After ctrl+c (copy), ctrl+v (paste) -ing a file a number of times, I
  went to rename the duplicates. The "Rename..." menu option in the
  right click menu was greyed out erroneously; the option still worked
  when clicked however.

  Not that this caused me any problems, I figure a less obstinate person
  might be fooled into not doin what they want -> bad.

  lsb_release -rd

  Release:      12.04