Public bug reported:
I'm running Ubuntu 13.04 (Raring) on a MacBook Air 5,2. The machine has
an Intel HD Graphics 4000 (Ivybridge Mobile) graphics chip. I have
xserver-xorg-core version 2:1.13.3-0ubuntu4.
On approximately every other boot, the X server fails to start and I'm
left in an unusuable low-graphics mode. When this happens, the X log
contains these error lines:
(EE) No devices detected.
...
Fatal server error:
... no screens found
** Affects: xorg (Ubuntu)
Importance: Undecided
Status: New
--
You received this bug notification because you are a member of Desktop
Packages, which is subscribed to xorg in Ubuntu.
https://bugs.launchpad.net/bugs/1161371
Title:
X server sometimes fails to start on MacBook Air 5,2: no screens found
Status in “xorg” package in Ubuntu:
New
Bug description:
I'm running Ubuntu 13.04 (Raring) on a MacBook Air 5,2. The machine
has an Intel HD Graphics 4000 (Ivybridge Mobile) graphics chip. I
have xserver-xorg-core version 2:1.13.3-0ubuntu4.
On approximately every other boot, the X server fails to start and I'm
left in an unusuable low-graphics mode. When this happens, the X log
contains these error lines:
(EE) No devices detected.
...
Fatal server error:
... no screens found
To manage notifications about this bug go to:
https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/xorg/+bug/1161371/+subscriptions
--
Mailing list: https://launchpad.net/~desktop-packages
Post to : [email protected]
Unsubscribe : https://launchpad.net/~desktop-packages
More help : https://help.launchpad.net/ListHelp