Public bug reported:

When I minimise applications such as thunderbird and firefox, they
frequently sit in the unity launcher with the application icon and arrow
flickering and my computer becomes frozen for up to 5 mins.  Checking
top shows me that compiz and a python script are both having a fight
with python at 100%. Investigating further shows me that the python
script causing the problem is /usr/share/ibus/ui/gtk/main.py

This is most annoying, and I have now encountered the same problem on
two separate computers running Quantal with different graphics cards. I
have ibus and ibus-anthy installed on both of them.

In case it is useful, I found an old thread reporting a similar problem
in 2010 with Ubuntu 10.10 [1]. Then the solution appears to have been to
upgrade to the latest version of ibus (1.3 at the time). I don't know if
upgrading to the latest development release would solve the problem.  If
a launchpad PPA for a bleeding edge version of ibus was available for
Quantal, I'd be happy to test it.

Cheers.

[1] http://mypace75.blog92.fc2.com/blog-entry-767.html

** Affects: ibus (Ubuntu)

Packages, which is subscribed to ibus in Ubuntu.

  /usr/share/ibus/ui/gtk/main.py blocks at 100% when applications are
  minimised

Status in “ibus” package in Ubuntu: