More specifically, we need your gdm logs but I think apport-collect
will attach them for you.

Otherwise, you can find the logs in ~/.cache/gdm/session.log and
/var/log/gdm/ (:0.log and :0-greeter.log; you'll need to be root to find
those files).

Packages, which is subscribed to gdm in Ubuntu.

  GDM wont start on Ubuntu GNOME using Gnome3 ppa

Status in “gdm” package in Ubuntu:

  I tried to upgrade to pre Gnome 3.8 by using the Gnome3 ppa, the
  update itself went well but when i restarted the only thing I got was
  the blue blinds background with a mouse courser, nothing else, no
  login promt.

  I tried hitting Ctrl-Alt-Del which brought up the log out dialog box
  and asked if I wanted to log out from GDM-session ? Strange...

  I tried pushing the power button once instead which brought up the
  shutdown dialog box telling me again I was logged in as GDM ?