One of the authors of this thread left to Postbox.

I checked PostBox if the IMAP-messages I have also get stuck in Postbox.
3 out of 5 get through.

Of those 3 2 get through when I move them to another directory, and then
let them reload completely before I open them in Thunderbird.

The other one (12 MB) contains two attachments of which one refuses to
load.

The other 2 messages also fail to download in postbox. Postbox however
doesn't lock up the downloading of the rest.

Conclusion: Postbox will probably have a better heuristic or cuts
impossible downloads earlyer, but still uses this heuristic philosophy
over a reliable method.

-- 
You received this bug notification because you are a member of Desktop
Packages, which is subscribed to thunderbird in Ubuntu.
https://bugs.launchpad.net/bugs/1074260

Title:
  Thunderbird heavy IMAP traffic downloading messages

Status in Mozilla Thunderbird Mail and News:
  Fix Released
Status in “thunderbird” package in Ubuntu:
  Confirmed

Bug description:
  Thunderbird (as of version 16?) generates a lot of IMAP traffic,
  continually redownloading messages. One issue has been resolved (see
  https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=803843 and
  https://launchpad.net/bugs/1068921 ) but this issue remains. It is
  open in bugzilla as
  https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=806760

To manage notifications about this bug go to:
https://bugs.launchpad.net/thunderbird/+bug/1074260/+subscriptions

-- 
Mailing list: https://launchpad.net/~desktop-packages
Post to     : [email protected]
Unsubscribe : https://launchpad.net/~desktop-packages
More help   : https://help.launchpad.net/ListHelp

Reply via email to