** Changed in: banshee (Ubuntu)

Packages, which is subscribed to banshee in Ubuntu.

  Banshee freezes on copying to iPod music which needs transcoding

Status in “banshee” package in Ubuntu:

  After updating to raring, Banshee freezes each time I try to import to
  an iPod any music file which needs transcoding (i.e., FLAC and OGG).
  Importing music which doesn't need transcoding works, so the problem
  seems to be with the transcoding process itself and not with the iPod
  interaction.

  I am able to transcode the files manually with SoundConverter, though
  I usually need to start the process two or three times and I still get
  spurious error messages (typically, the message says the output file
  cannot be saved, although the output file IS correctly saved and it
  plays back just fine).

  This too is new since the upgrade. I do not know if the two problems
  are related and if they indicate a deeper problem in the GStreamer
  stack. Please let me know if there is any further testing that I can
  perform to help assess the problem. Please also let me know if you
  wish me to report separate bugs against SoundCoverter and/or
  GStreamer.

  Package: banshee 2.6.0-6ubuntu1