** Also affects: network-manager (Ubuntu Lucid)

  [Lucid] Network Manager Applet Wi-Fi icon always shows red exclamation
  mark

Status in “network-manager” package in Ubuntu:
  Fix Released
Status in “network-manager” source package in Lucid:
  Triaged
Status in “network-manager” source package in Maverick:

  Binary package hint: network-manager

  Installed Lucid daily as of 15 March on a Lenovo S10 Netbook
  (Installed Desktop version, NOT UNE).

  After installing the driver for my Broadcom wireless card via
  hardware-drivers, I connected to my router and surfed the internet
  while testing other things (FF, Empathy, etc)

  I noticed that the wireless icon in indicatior area ALWAYS displays a
  grey wireless representation with a red exclamation mark.

  This makes it look as though there is some error or problem though
  when I hover over the icon I get the message that I'm connected and
  have internet connectivity.

  I disabled the wireless card and nothing changed... until I tried
  connecting, then I get the spinner, until Network-Manager decides it's
  not going to be able to connect, and the icon changes back to the Wi-
  Fi with Exclamation mark.

  So, I right click and re-connect after turning the wireless card back on and
I get a good connection and internet apps work, but the icon still gives me the
glaring red exclamation mark
  ---
  Architecture: i386
  CRDA: Error: [Errno 2] No such file or directory
  CheckboxSubmission: c6b545932e096d1399cbe286d164a9a5
  CheckboxSystem: 174dd9663cefed283ef72538c1136ee0
  DistroRelease: Ubuntu 10.04
  Gconf:

  IfupdownConfig:
   auto lo
   iface lo inet loopback
  InstallationMedia: Ubuntu-Netbook-Remix 9.10 "Karmic Koala" - Release i386
(20091028.4)
  IpRoute:
   192.168.1.0/24 dev eth1  proto kernel  scope link  src 192.168.1.4
   default via 192.168.1.1 dev eth1
  Keyfiles: Error: [Errno 2] No such file or directory
  NonfreeKernelModules: wl
  Package: network-manager 0.8-0ubuntu2
  PackageArchitecture: i386
  ProcEnviron:
   PATH=(custom, no user)
   LANG=en_US.UTF-8
   SHELL=/bin/bash
  ProcVersionSignature: Ubuntu 2.6.32-19.28-generic 2.6.32.10+drm33.1
  RfKill:

  Tags: lucid ubuntu-une
  Uname: Linux 2.6.32-19-generic i686
  UserGroups: