> > 2. Even if you are not connected to the internet at all,
> > it still says "looked up gmail.com"!!!! That's complete nonsense.
> (i) Open separate bug for error message improvement.
>     Keep "one proble per a bug" at B.M.O, please.
> (ii) Until message will be improved, read "looked up ..." as "looked up ...,
> but it failed", with complement string like ",but it failed", ",but it's not
> found", ..., as you like, in your brain, please.

I also saw this too. I'm not sure if a bug exists for it - I started to
look a few days ago but did not finish

wada, thanks for all the ideas. I hope to check some of them. However,
my sense is the problem is thunderbrd, because I do not have trouble
with firefox.

matteo, please be sure to use exact wording of what you see in messages
and dialogs, not approximation.  exact wording allows us to better
search bugzilla and source code.

Packages, which is subscribed to thunderbird in Ubuntu.

  Thunderbird complains there is no connection on resume from suspend,
  when there is a connection

Status in Mozilla Thunderbird Mail and News:
  Confirmed
Status in “thunderbird” package in Ubuntu:

  Binary package hint: thunderbird

  When I resume from suspend, network manager quickly re-establishes a
  WiFi internet connection.  With an active connection, I try to check
  my mail with Thunderbird, but it complains that it can't connect to
  the IMAP server.  This seems to happen after longer suspend periods
  because if I try to replicate the behaviour by quickly suspending and
  resuming (suspend of a few seconds), I get no warning.

  Package: thunderbird 3.0.4+nobinonly-0ubuntu4
  ProcVersionSignature: Ubuntu 2.6.32-22.33-generic 2.6.32.11+drm33.2
  Date: Sun May 23 12:26:28 2010
  InstallationMedia: Ubuntu 10.04 "Lucid Lynx" - Alpha amd64 (20100412)
  ProcEnviron:
   LANG=en_GB.utf8
   SHELL=/bin/bash
  SourcePackage: thunderbird