On 12. april 2013 11:06, Michael Nagel wrote:
> Hi Alf,
>
> thanks for your interest and feedback.
> Generally speaking, opening more tickets does not improve the situation as it
> splits up the attention.
> Better help us to improve the existing tickets.
>
> On the other hand you should always have one issue per ticket and not do
> collections like this, again to keep discussion focused.
>
> So, as a consequence, I suggest that you:
> - merge your info "1" into page size setting is broken, use it as default
> crop or fix it by other means
> Simple Scan Bugs Bug #550856
> - explain what the expected behavior is for issue "2", so I can suggest a
> ticket where to discuss it
> - add your info about "3" to PDF metadata: Date of creation and modification
> is incorrectly set (or not set at all) -- so this issue can be reopened
>
> Best Regards
> Michael

Thank you for feedback!

How do I merge? Just by adding the info from my issue 1 as a comment to
the Bug #550856?

Alf

Packages, which is subscribed to simple-scan in Ubuntu.

  Simple scan produces wrong size documents

Status in “simple-scan” package in Ubuntu:

  This is my first bug report, hope it will be helpful.

  There are several similar reports, most of which are classified as
  duplicates of https://bugs.launchpad.net/simple-scan/+bug/550856

  I'm reporting this as new because the above mentioned report is
  treated as a feature request (wishlist), maybe the description wasn't
  precise enough.

  Running Simple Scan 3.6.0 on Ubuntu Studio 12.10, three issues occur:

  1. Setting page size in preferences doesn't affect the size of a
  scanned document. Regardless of this setting scanning and saving
  produces a document 216 x 297 mm

  2. crop does not produce expected results. Simple Scan saves documents
  cropped to "A4" as 211 x 297 mm

  3. Document metadata states that the document was created on Jan 1st,
  1970.

  Attached is a screenshot of evince reading file properties.

  Thank you for any help,
  Alf

  Package: simple-scan 3.6.0-0ubuntu1
  ProcVersionSignature: Ubuntu 3.5.0-27.30-lowlatency 3.5.7.7
  Uname: Linux 3.5.0-27-lowlatency i686
  ApportVersion: 2.6.1-0ubuntu10
  Architecture: i386
  Date: Thu Apr 11 11:22:04 2013
  DriverPackageVersions:
   libsane 1.0.23-0ubuntu1
   libsane-extras 1.0.22.2ubuntu1
   hplip 3.12.6-3ubuntu4
   hpoj N/A
  InstallationMedia: Ubuntu-Studio 12.10 "Quantal Quetzal" - Release i386
(20121017.1)
  MachineType: TOSHIBA SATELLITE P850
  MarkForUpload: True
  ProcKernelCmdLine: BOOT_IMAGE=/boot/vmlinuz-3.5.0-27-lowlatency
root=UUID=317888b1-3d7a-483c-a5d0-18c62442febc ro quiet splash vt.handoff=7
  SourcePackage: simple-scan
  dmi.bios.date: 03/03/2012
  dmi.bios.vendor: TOSHIBA
  dmi.bios.version: 1.10
  dmi.board.asset.tag: *
  dmi.board.name: QFKAA
  dmi.board.vendor: TOSHIBA
  dmi.board.version: 1.00
  dmi.chassis.asset.tag: *
  dmi.chassis.type: 10
  dmi.chassis.vendor: TOSHIBA
  dmi.chassis.version: *
  dmi.modalias:
dmi:bvnTOSHIBA:bvr1.10:bd03/03/2012:svnTOSHIBA:pnSATELLITEP850:pvrPSPKAE-00E001N5:rvnTOSHIBA:rnQFKAA:rvr1.00:cvnTOSHIBA:ct10:cvr*:
  dmi.product.name: SATELLITE P850
  dmi.product.version: PSPKAE-00E001N5
  dmi.sys.vendor: TOSHIBA