After upgrading to ubuntu 12.04.2 (64bit)from 11.04 I experience the
same problem. The connection which worked under the older ubuntu is not
able to connect anymore. Set up a new one does not solve the problem.

using cifs works with:

sudo mount -t cifs //server /mountpoint -o username=user,domain=dame

Version of Nautilus: 3.4.2

  Nautilus CIFS Windows Share Mount Bug

Status in “nautilus” package in Ubuntu:

  In Ubuntu 12.04 (and I believe ALL desktop versions newer than 10.10)
  are effected by this bug.

  When mounting a Windows share via Nautilus, e.g. File -> Connect to
  Server -> Type: Windows Share

  gvfs will FAIL on authentication unless BOTH the DOMAIN NAME and
  SERVER NAME are in CAPS.

  This is a major issue and will cause almost all users to fail to
  authenticate. Nautilus shows no error except verify user details.
  Nothing in logs. And will end up locking a Windows Domain user
  account.

  Also for some reason the "Add Bookmark" checkbox is missing from the
  mount process which makes no sense. This causes an additional
  usability issue as to add a bookmark the user then needs to pull up
  Nautilus, Right Click the Mount they loaded, and then Add Bookmark
  from there. This process was much more streamlined (and the bug didn't
  exist) in 10.04.

  I hope you guys can repair this soon as any mixed environment using
  Ubuntu desktops and doing a common task such as mounting a windows
  share in a corporate environment is broken in 12.04.