https://hg.mozilla.org/mozilla-central/rev/2bb26d742f5f

  Firefox don't save print settings

Status in The Mozilla Firefox Browser:
  New
Status in Mozilla Thunderbird Mail and News:
  Fix Released
Status in “firefox” package in Ubuntu:

  Binary package hint: firefox

  Environment:
  OS: Ubuntu 9.10  (Karmic Koala)
  Package: firefox-3.5 (3.5.8+build1+nobinonly-0ubuntu0.9.10.1)
  Problem:
  I print from firefox and change print settings, like select destination
printer, margins, header, footer and so on. In about:config option
'print.save_print_settings' is set to true. Finally do print.
  Immediately after previous print I do print again and I suspect to get same
settings (destination printer, margins, header, footer ...) that I set for last
print, but unfortunately I get default print settings (destination printer,
margins, header, footer ...).
  All this is happen in same browser session.
  Problem also reflect on our extension that we developed for Firefox
(jsPrintSetup https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/8966).
  The extension using nsIPrintSettings interface to manage print settings also
encounter problem with select destination printer.
  Independently from selected nsIPrintSettings.printerName Firefox always print
to default for operating system printer.