@Cao Cuong Ngo: Thanks a lot for taking the assignment for rotating
images in writer.

Although I am not a programmer, a few hints which might be helpful:

As far as I understood, a sane implementation of image rotation depends
on the drawing layer in Writer. This drawing layer change seems to be
not a trivial task, but Armin Le Grand from Apache OpenOffice has been
working for a long time on it in child workspace AW080:
http://wiki.openoffice.org/wiki/Aw080_documentation

Also, it might make sense to link with the Apache guy who started
working on this: Ericb2 "Implement image rotation and some other
existing draw features in Writer" Please see
https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/OOOUSERS/AOO+4.0+Release+Planning

  [Upstream] Wishlist: Add rotation of images to writer

Status in LibreOffice Productivity Suite:
  In Progress
Status in The OpenOffice.org Suite:
  Unknown
Status in “libreoffice” package in Ubuntu:
  Won't Fix
Status in “openoffice.org” package in Ubuntu:
  Won't Fix

Bug description:
  Binary package hint: openoffice.org

  Currently when a picture is imported, it is impossible to rotate it.
  This makes the task of importing images/graphs into OpenOffice
  unneccessarily difficult and complex. Since OpenOffice already has a
  gazillion of options about images, it's quite amazing that it cannot
  rotate them.

  WORKAROUND: Use WriterRotationTool
  http://extensions.openoffice.org/en/project/WriterRotationTool .