Hi,

I have no luck with all these workarounds:
 - xmodmap /home/kev/.Xmodmap in startup applications entry
 - bash-script with that call in startup applications entry
 - bash-script with that call after sleep 30 in startup applications entry
 - bash-script in 'pre-satart script' - part in  /etc/init/read-xmod.conf ,
start on runlevels 235

bash-script or comand itself works fine when called in terminal

problem occured after upgrade from 12.04 to 12.10

Thanks for all ideas / workarounds

Packages, which is subscribed to lightdm in Ubuntu.

  ~/.Xmodmap not read on login

Status in “lightdm” package in Ubuntu:

  In most previous Ubuntu version I can remember, settings in ~/.Xmodmap
  were read upon login.

  In Quantal Quetzal, this is no longer the case.

  (Sorry, I don't know what package this issue belongs to)