I need the logs from the non-working session to be able to determine
what goes wrong there...

Packages, which is subscribed to xserver-xorg-video-intel in Ubuntu.

  Ubuntu 13.04 Beta 2- Intel HD Graphics 3000 - No screen

Status in “xserver-xorg-video-intel” package in Ubuntu:

  I've tried to install Ubuntu 13.04 Beta 2 on my HP laptop HP 1000-1220LA
Notebook
(http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/document?cc=us&lc=en&dlc=en&docname=c03503799)
 but there's a problem with the video/screen.
  My HP laptop comes con Windows 8 preinstalled with UEFI and in order to
install Ubuntu 13.04 Beta 2 I deactivated the secured boot feature of the UEFI.
The screen resolution is 1366 x 768, 32 bits.
  First, the graphical installer didn't show, so I modified the CD BOOT Option
Configuration Line using nomodeset and vga=792 (1024x768, 24 bits) (
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/VESA_BIOS_Extensions#Linux_video_mode_numbers)
(https://help.ubuntu.com/community/BootOptions#Changing_the_CD_Boot_Option_Configuration_Line)
 to:

                      BOOT Options ..... nomodeset quiet splash --
  vga=792

  After, pressing F10 key the graphical install opened and I proceeded
  with installation, hoping a dual system. Then, I had to fix the dual
  system using refind (www.rodsbooks.com/refind). I know this dual
  system is another kind of bug. I'm just telling what I did.

  Then, the GRUB screen shows the options to launch Ubuntu 13.04 and Windows 8.
If I select Ubuntu, the screen becomes blank again.
  I modified the boot options using nomodeset and vga=792:

                     linux /vmlinux-3.8.0-16-generic ..... nomodeset
  quiet splash $vt_handoff -- vga=792

  Which resulted in a command line system. After logging in this command
  line system I executed this command to activate the graphical system:

                   $sudo startx

  But the  Org video server is unable to run and shows me this log Xorg.0.log
(Attachment).
  I think it is a problem with the xserver-xorg-video-intel package.