Public bug reported:

I have a fresh Ubuntu 13.04 install where I have installed nothing else
besides Chromium. When I go to Chromium's Chrome Web Store, its content
displays above everything else. In the attached image, note how gedit is
above Chromium, yet Chromium's content area is obscuring gedit.

This could be related to #1030060.

** Affects: chromium-browser (Ubuntu)

** Attachment added: "Chromium's content area improperly obscuring gedit"

https://bugs.launchpad.net/bugs/1173234/+attachment/3654917/+files/user-generated%20screenshot.png

Packages, which is subscribed to chromium-browser in Ubuntu.

  Chromium's content doesn't respect z order, obscuring everything else

Status in “chromium-browser” package in Ubuntu: