Try removing pango-graphite it seems broken in 13.04

Packages, which is subscribed to gtk+2.0 in Ubuntu.

  Ubuntu (Xubuntu) 13.04 beta, broken fonts for Gtk based applications

Status in GTK+ GUI Toolkit:
  New
Status in Pango - Layout and Text Rendering LIbrary:
  New
Status in “gtk+2.0” package in Ubuntu:
  Confirmed
Status in “gtk+3.0” package in Ubuntu:

  After upgrade from 12.10 to 13.04 beta of Ubuntu (Xubuntu), I am
  experiencing some issues. Like without me actually changing anything,
  my fonts are broken for some applications (most of them) and not for
  other (rxvt).

  See this http://i.imgur.com/ubVvr53.png

  As you can see, rxvt there is the only application with normal fonts.
  The Terminal application from Xfce suite is for some inexplicable
  reason using some kind of proportional font. See that the font in the
  Terminal Preferences is set to Liberation Mono. Also, please notice
  how in the Choose Terminal Font dialog the Courier New font Preview is
  not Courier New.