Are you still affected for this bug, if yes, please attach a screenshot.
Thank you very much!

** Changed in: emerald (Ubuntu)

Packages, which is subscribed to emerald in Ubuntu.

  Window decoration is not restored properly when pixmap buttons are
  enabled

Status in “emerald” package in Ubuntu:

  Binary package hint: emerald

  In order to get the most screen area I have the window decoration to
  disappear when a window gets maximized. This is achieved in compiz
  window decoration plugin using the filter "any &
  !(state=maxvert&state=maxvert)". When I unmaximize the window however
  the window decorations are not restored if pixmap buttons are enabled,
  in fact they disappear in all windows even the ones that were not
  maximized. Everything works fine if pixmaps buttons are disabled or
  when using GTK.