Closing until we have the information we requested.

** Changed in: ubiquity (Ubuntu)

** Changed in: ubiquity (Ubuntu)

** Changed in: ubiquity (Ubuntu)

Packages, which is subscribed to system-config-printer in Ubuntu.

  system-config-printer crashes on an unrecognised locale

Status in “system-config-printer” package in Ubuntu:
  Fix Released
Status in “ubiquity” package in Ubuntu:
  Invalid

Bug description:
  During installation of Hardy, I selected my location as Lagos/Nigeria.
  It appears that this resulted in my system locale being set to en_NG.
  There's nothing wrong with this, but I noticed that many system tools
  fail to launch unless I change my locale to a more recognised one
  (example en_UK).

  system-config-printer fails to run and you can see the error message when
launched from a terminal as:
  Traceback (most recent call last):
    File "/usr/share/system-config-printer/system-config-printer.py", line
4492, in <module>
      main(start_printer, change_ppd)
    File "/usr/share/system-config-printer/system-config-printer.py", line
4466, in main
      mainwindow = GUI(start_printer, change_ppd)
    File "/usr/share/system-config-printer/system-config-printer.py", line 220,
in __init__
      self.language = locale.getlocale(locale.LC_MESSAGES)
    File "/usr/lib/python2.5/locale.py", line 462, in getlocale
      return _parse_localename(localename)
    File "/usr/lib/python2.5/locale.py", line 375, in _parse_localename
      raise ValueError, 'unknown locale: %s' % localename
  ValueError: unknown locale: en_NG