Public bug reported:

Would it be possible to add a dbus interface to language-selector?

I am looking into to extending the native gnome region panel in gnome-
control-center 3.8 to include support for installing language packs. It
would be really useful if I could just ping language-selector to do all
the hard work, listing available languages, listing required lang packs
for a given language etc!

** Affects: language-selector (Ubuntu)

Packages, which is subscribed to language-selector in Ubuntu.

  dbus interface

Status in “language-selector” package in Ubuntu: