Public bug reported:

My enterprise network uses WPA2 with PEAP and a self-signed certificate.

Since 13.04, when we ask NetworkManager to accept our certificate even
if self-signed and never ask again, this choice is not repercuted in the
config file generated for the network, or collide with another setting
(see below).

I had to modify by hand ``/etc/NetworkManager/system-
connections/our_wifi´´ and remove the directive `system-ca-certs=1` (or
change it to 0) to make it pass the ssl-handshake.

Documentation[1] says that this setting is FALSE by default, so I
suspect it's an Ubuntu behavior to opt-in it.

Issue seen with all our freshly installed 13.04 laptop with fully-
supported wifi chips, all of differents brands. Not seen on Arch.

If the bug belongs to Debian BTS, or NetworkManager team, please say it,
and I will report them back.

[1] http://projects.gnome.org/NetworkManager/developers/api/09/ref-
settings.html

** Affects: network-manager-applet (Ubuntu)

Packages, which is subscribed to network-manager-applet in Ubuntu.

  NetworkManager doesn't ignore certificates when asked

Status in “network-manager-applet” package in Ubuntu: