 I've just upgraded my Toshiba Tecra 2.4 GHz laptop with NVidia chipset
to Ubuntu 13.04, and I've been experiencing a number of graphics issues
since:

-> Dash background: Unless I don't open anything before my first access
to the Dash, the background of the same becomes messy, with bits and
pieces of previously opened windows. This also happens when the programs
to which these fragments belong have been closed for a while. The
transparency is set to Static, but in Active it was even worse.

-> Desktop: After playing a video, and sometimes (unpredictably, it
seems) after running other apps, the desktop background/wallpaper is
drowned out by, once more, bits and pieces of whatever has been running
and/or white squares and rectangles; launcher icons become indistinct
and the surface pretty much useless. Animations are Off -with them, it
was even worse. Launcher Transparency is also Off.

 I haven't been able to sort it out by changing configuration usin Unity
Tweaks and CCSM; to me it looks as if Raring can't handle my graphics
chipset -Ubuntu 12.04 had no touble at all with it.

 Any suggestions as to what I can do?

 Thanks so much for your replies, J

** Affects: unity (Ubuntu)

** Tags: bot-comment
--
Multiple graphical artifacts
Packages, which is subscribed to unity in Ubuntu.