Just wanted to say thanks to everyone here - I had the same problem on a Linaro Ubuntu version, flashed from an image, where it kept bypassing the login screen and automatically logging in as "linaro" user; thanks to the /var/log/lightdm/lightdm.log, I confirmed it is lightdm forcing that autologin - and finally in /etc/lightdm/lightdm.conf I noticed the autologin line, commented it completely, rebooted - and it worked for me!
Thanks again, Cheers! -- You received this bug notification because you are a member of Desktop Packages, which is subscribed to lightdm in Ubuntu. https://bugs.launchpad.net/bugs/1074794 Title: Can't cancel LightDM auto login Status in “lightdm” package in Ubuntu: Incomplete Bug description: I have set up lightdm to auto login at the installation. But after that, I can't cancel it. It works for the other accounts I created after the installation was done, but not for the admin account created at the installation process. On user accounts at gnome control center, auto login shows as off but it does not ask for a password on the lightdm screen yet. This is my /etc/lightdm/lightdm.conf [SeatDefaults] user-session=ubuntu greeter-session=unity-greeter #autologin-user= autologin-user= ProblemType: Bug DistroRelease: Ubuntu 12.04 Package: lightdm 1.2.1-0ubuntu1.1 ProcVersionSignature: Ubuntu 3.2.0-33.52-generic-pae 3.2.31 Uname: Linux 3.2.0-33-generic-pae i686 NonfreeKernelModules: nvidia ApportVersion: 2.0.1-0ubuntu14 Architecture: i386 Date: Sat Nov 3 23:38:33 2012 InstallationMedia: Ubuntu 12.04 LTS "Precise Pangolin" - Release i386 (20120423) ProcEnviron: LANGUAGE=pt_BR:pt:en PATH=(custom, no user) LANG=pt_BR.UTF-8 SHELL=/bin/bash SourcePackage: lightdm UpgradeStatus: No upgrade log present (probably fresh install) To manage notifications about this bug go to: https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/lightdm/+bug/1074794/+subscriptions -- Mailing list: https://launchpad.net/~desktop-packages Post to : [email protected] Unsubscribe : https://launchpad.net/~desktop-packages More help : https://help.launchpad.net/ListHelp

