+1 here: 2 month old N56VZ with a 216 BIOS running latest & updated
Ubuntu 13.04.

Battery:
- not charging or at 0-7%
- sometimes it show "battery not present"

Fans
- from time to time they work all the time with constant noise
- atm the are ok

Packages, which is subscribed to upower in Ubuntu.

  Asus n56vz battery state is wrong or battery not charging at all.

Status in “upower” package in Ubuntu:

  I have an ASUS N56VZ notebook. There are some bugs I have mentioned and they
are known on ubuntu forums.
  Sometimes I am getting strange results in battery power state, that are not
even close to be accurate.
  So bugs are:
  1) Then I am turning on the notebok with not enough power (3% for example)
the fan is going to it`s full speed (no CPU loading at all) and the power
indicator shows that power is insufficient. Plugging the power adapter didn`t
solved the problem - it was not charging and notebook soon turns off.
  2) As I described above, I can`t feed the notebook sometimes (especially on
low battery level).
  3) I am getting the strange battery state result: sometimes it looks, that
it`s charging very slow. Am am working about a hour and my power level just
rised from 30 minutes to 40 minutes.
  4) I am not sure about this bug, may be it`s a hardware one, but then I
turned notebook off with plugged in power adapter, it was not charged at all
for the whole night!
  http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=2084696 - here is a proof, that I am
not alone )))

  Package: upower 0.9.17-1build1