Try to remove/rename the nautilus settings folders in your home folder and
reboot (logout/login?).
This helped with me (Ubuntu 12.04)

murat@laptop:~/devel$ find /home/murat -name *nautilus*
/home/murat/.gnome2/nautilus-scripts
/home/murat/.gnome2/accels/nautilus
/home/murat/.gconf/apps/nautilus_bak
/home/murat/.gconf/apps/nautilus
/home/murat/.config/nautilus-compare.conf
/home/murat/.config/nautilus_bak
/home/murat/.config/nautilus

  Nautilus won't start/extremely slow

Status in “nautilus” package in Ubuntu:

  Hello,

  Nautilus (files) won't even start on my Ubuntu 13.04. It eventually
  will start up after some ~10 minutes and will just freeze.

  I have this problem for some time now where Nautilus was just slow to
  start or would freeze up. But now it wouldn't even start at all.

  Please note that I had/have similar (if not same problem) on Debian
  Sid with 3.8.x kernel. Where Nautilus would just be slow to start, and
  would eventually freeze up with CPU working at 100% to process
  Nautilus.

  How I resolved this problem on Sid is by simply moving back to 3.2.x
  kernel and everything was "fine", even though Nautilus was pretty slow
  most of the time.

  I tried doing same thing on 13.04 where I would move from 3.8.x kernel
  to 3.5.x but without any success.

  I do have Dropbox (nautilus-dropbox), but nothing would improve even
  after purging it or using their own package (Dropbox website). There
  were no changes even after purging Nautilus and then installing it.
  There would be no changes even after I would do a clean install,
  basically the more files I put in my home directory the slower my
  Nautilus would get.

  I believe this is an upstream bug and I have a feeling it might be
  related to linux kernel and its encryption (lvm). FYI, my drive is
  fully encrypted.

  It also might be worth noting that a *lot* of users suffer from same
  problem where Nautilus was just extremely slow (http://goo.gl/gvpMY).

  I believe this is an extremely important bug which should be taken
  care of, if you need any additional input or logs from me please let
  me know.

  Regards,

  Adnan

  Package: nautilus 1:3.6.3-0ubuntu16
  Date: Thu Apr 25 22:46:47 2013
  GsettingsChanges:
   b'org.gnome.nautilus.window-state' b'geometry' b"'983x630+307+119'"
   b'org.gnome.nautilus.window-state' b'sidebar-width' b'157'
  InstallationMedia: Ubuntu 12.10 "Quantal Quetzal" - Release amd64 (20121017.5)
  MarkForUpload: True
  ProcEnviron:
   PATH=(custom, no user)
   XDG_RUNTIME_DIR=<set>
   LANG=en_US.UTF-8
   SHELL=/bin/bash
  SourcePackage: nautilus
  UpgradeStatus: Upgraded to raring on 2013-04-25 (0 days ago)