In that case it is a duplicate of bug #1169117.

   REGRESSION: MBIM kernel suppport should be disabled until userspace support
available (breaks Ericsson H5321 etc.)

  WWAN Connection: DNS Error / PPPd not starting?

Status in “network-manager” package in Ubuntu:

  I have a problem connecting on my x1 carbon - actually I didn' suceed
  to connect on win8 either even though I updated all drivers firmaware
  etc.

  On windows I don't know how to see whats going on and I use ubuntu for
  my everday work anway.

  I will attach / post a snipplet from syslog that showas whats
  happening. On another machine I am using the same SIM and also 13.04
  but it works fine.

  There pppd ist started before dhclient. I don't see any ppp launch
  here and this seems stange to me.

  Anyway I have no Idea where to look or what to try to make it work.
  Could somebody help me?