Happy happy joy joy :)

I had a quick look at the code, does it automatically work with any
session? (I just know that the auto-locking in KDM worked by setting the
environment variable DESKTOP_LOCKED which is interpreted by some magic
later on.)

Packages, which is subscribed to lightdm in Ubuntu.

  Allow Lightdm to lock the screen on automatic login

Status in Light Display Manager:
  Fix Committed
Status in “lightdm” package in Ubuntu:
  Fix Committed

Bug description:
  Feature request.

  Light DM's automatic login should allow the option that it locks the
  screen as well.

  KDM used to have this functionality, and it was great because it cuts
  down the startup time without requiring user interaction, without
  sacrificing the security of the automatic login being open to everyone
  that has physical access.