** Changed in: elementaryos

Packages, which is subscribed to jockey in Ubuntu.

  No user-facing way to install b43 broadcom firmware

Status in elementary OS:
  Invalid
Status in “b43-fwcutter” package in Ubuntu:
  Confirmed
Status in “jockey” package in Ubuntu:

  It would be nice if Jockey had an option to install the required b43
  firmware to get wireless working on my Mac Mini 2011 (Radeon). The
  lack of this firmware leads to an unfortunate chicken and egg problem
  in that you need to get online to get the firmware and to get online..
  you need the firmware.

  Furthermore Elementary will tell the user that firmware is missing
  when the wireless indicator is clicked, but it will not inform the
  user on how to get it, install it nor assist the user in any way. To
  get that information the user has to go to a terminal and examine the
  output of dmesg where he will be directed to the following URL.

  http://wireless.kernel.org/en/users/Drivers/b43#devicefirmware

  I realize that there might be legal problems distributing the firmware
  but hopefully a situation that is a little bit more helpful than this
  could be devised.

  ProblemType: Bug
  DistroRelease: elementary 0.2
  Package: elementary-desktop 1.280-0~351~precise1 [origin:
LP-PPA-elementary-os-daily]
  ApportVersion: 2.0.1-0ubuntu13+elementary3~precise1
  Architecture: amd64
  CrashDB: elementary_meta
  Date: Wed Oct  3 09:49:54 2012
  InstallationMedia: elementary OS 0.2 "Luna" - Build amd64 LIVE Binary
20120612-17:45
  ProcEnviron:
   PATH=(custom, no user)
   LANG=da_DK.UTF-8