** Changed in: gtk

Packages, which is subscribed to gtk+2.0 in Ubuntu.

  open file dialog crashes when you have moved images out of the last
  directory files were opened from (gtk_file_info_render_icon)

Status in GTK+ GUI Toolkit:
  Expired
Status in “gtk+2.0” package in Ubuntu:

  Binary package hint: gimp

  Steps to reproduce:

  1. Put some JPG files in a folder called "foo"
  2. Start gimp
  3. Choose "open file" and navigate to the "foo" folder
  4. Open one of the JPG files
  5. Make a new folder inside "foo", called "bar" with Nautilus
  6. Move some (not all) of the JPG files into "bar" with Nautilus
  7. Choose "open file" (gimp will remember "foo" as the last used folder and
start the dialog there)
  8. The "open file" dialog will hang for a few seconds and then gimp will crash

  I've reproduced this several times on my machine, and verified that
  each step is necessary.  It happens every time.   I don't know if
  steps 5 and 6 need to be done with Nautilus or not.