@Sadi: that's exactly the problem: by default (if that "AllowedSchemes"
option is not used) we only use HTTPs. But with facebook this doesn't
work, because even if you start authenticating to facebook over HTTPs,
at a certain point you get redirected to a plain HTTP page (if only for
a short time).

Packages, which is subscribed to gnome-control-center-signon in Ubuntu.

  Opening facebook "Success" page in external browser

Status in “gnome-control-center-signon” package in Ubuntu:

  I suppose these are the same symptoms as bug #1132030. Don't know
  about the cause though - a lot of refactoring seems to have happened
  since then.

  My FB authentication token has expired. Now, at a regular interval,
  UOA is opening a webpage
  (https://www.facebook.com/connect/blank.html#_=_) in Firefox. It says

  "Success
  SECURITY WARNING: Please treat the URL above as you would your password and
do not share it with anyone.)"

  The issue is also reproducable when attempting to add a new Facebook
  account.

  1. Open Online Accounts
  2. Click "Add account…"
  3. Select "Facebook"
  4. Observe that a window opens in the external browser, as above

  Package: gnome-control-center-signon 0.1.6bzr13.04.05-0ubuntu2
  NonfreeKernelModules: nvidia
  ApportVersion: 2.10-0ubuntu3
  Architecture: amd64