The other day, Google notified me that my password needed to be reset. I
did so.  Empathy couldn't connect, so I was going to change the
password.  I started having the same problem you are reporting on two
different machines both running 13.04.

>From the command line, I was able to launch empathy-accounts once and
delete what I believed to be the offending account, but it still isn't
working.  Now I can't launch it from the command line either.

The only remaining account is one that has the 2-factor authentication
turned on.  Maybe that's where it's falling down?  It used to work,
but...

-- 
You received this bug notification because you are a member of Desktop
Packages, which is subscribed to empathy in Ubuntu.
https://bugs.launchpad.net/bugs/1181454

Title:
  empathy-accounts crashes on launch

Status in “empathy” package in Ubuntu:
  New

Bug description:
  Bringing up the accounts windows just causes it to crash, no account
  management can be performed. There is a popup about "Ubuntu just
  stopped working..."

  The title of the crash report is "empathy-accounts crashed with
  SIGABRT in raise()"

  StacktraceTop has the offending line "raise() from /lib/x86_64-linux-
  gnu/libc.so.6"

  Ubuntu release:
  $ lsb_release -rd
  Description:  Ubuntu 12.10
  Release:      12.10

  package version:
  empathy:
    Installed: 3.6.0.3-0ubuntu1
    Candidate: 3.6.0.3-0ubuntu1
    Version table:
   *** 3.6.0.3-0ubuntu1 0
          500 http://us.archive.ubuntu.com/ubuntu/ quantal/main amd64 Packages
          100 /var/lib/dpkg/status

  Expectation: the "Online Accounts" window would open normally, and
  allow me to create/remove accounts

  Actual outcome: The window crashed as soon as it opened. Invoking 
'empath-accounts' directly from the command line results in:
  $ empathy-accounts 
  **
  ERROR:empathy-user-info.c:252:fill_contact_info_grid: assertion failed: (spec 
!= NULL)
  Aborted (core dumped)

To manage notifications about this bug go to:
https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/empathy/+bug/1181454/+subscriptions

-- 
Mailing list: https://launchpad.net/~desktop-packages
Post to     : [email protected]
Unsubscribe : https://launchpad.net/~desktop-packages
More help   : https://help.launchpad.net/ListHelp

Reply via email to