Public bug reported:

I am randomly losing connectivity to the Internet. I cannot ping
anything, DNS resolving does not work and i cannot view any web pages,
apt-get and such.

I am seeing this issue on the liveCD, a fresh install of Saucy (daily
build 23/5/2013) and also on an upgrade from Raring to Saucy.

Network manager still thinks i am connected.

I have disabled network manager and connected using a wpa_passphrase
file and i still get the same issue.

Interestingly enough, if i disconnect and reconnect to the wireless
access point using nm_applet, i can get connectivity again until it
stops again.

route and arp -a were taking an age to return so i added a static entry
to the arp cache. That made no difference.

I have increased the debugging level from wpa_supplicant but i could not
see any obvious failure in there. I'm not 100% sure what to look for
though.

I could see nothing in syslog or dmesg that would point to any obvious
failure.

I have uploaded this bug report after booting into the fresh problem
install, waiting for the connection problem, reconnecting and raising
this bug report.

I am willing to help with any diagnostic information i can supply. The
only connectivity this netbook has is wireless so this will be an issue
when Saucy is released.

I have lost connectivity while typing up this bug report.

ProblemType: Bug
DistroRelease: Ubuntu 13.10
Package: network-manager 0.9.8.0-0ubuntu8
ProcVersionSignature: Ubuntu 3.9.0-2.7-generic 3.9.3
Uname: Linux 3.9.0-2-generic x86_64
NonfreeKernelModules: wl
ApportVersion: 2.10.2-0ubuntu1
Architecture: amd64
Date: Fri May 24 20:17:14 2013
IfupdownConfig:
 # interfaces(5) file used by ifup(8) and ifdown(8)
 auto lo
 iface lo inet loopback
InstallationDate: Installed on 2013-05-22 (1 days ago)
InstallationMedia: Xubuntu 13.10 "Saucy Salamander" - Alpha amd64 (20130520)
IpRoute:
 default via 192.168.0.1 dev eth0  proto static 
 169.254.0.0/16 dev eth0  scope link  metric 1000 
 192.168.0.0/24 dev eth0  proto kernel  scope link  src 192.168.0.100  metric 9
MarkForUpload: True
NetworkManager.state:
 [main]
 NetworkingEnabled=true
 WirelessEnabled=true
 WWANEnabled=true
 WimaxEnabled=true
SourcePackage: network-manager
UpgradeStatus: No upgrade log present (probably fresh install)
nmcli-con:
 NAME                      UUID                                   TYPE          
    TIMESTAMP    TIMESTAMP-REAL                     AUTOCONNECT   READONLY   
DBUS-PATH                                 
 whitehouse                ad5fc2ff-a272-404c-acb9-ff55fa8188c9   
802-11-wireless   1369423172   Fri 24 May 2013 20:19:32 BST       yes           
no         /org/freedesktop/NetworkManager/Settings/0
nmcli-dev:
 DEVICE     TYPE              STATE         DBUS-PATH                           
       
 eth0       802-11-wireless   connected     
/org/freedesktop/NetworkManager/Devices/0
nmcli-nm:
 RUNNING         VERSION    STATE           NET-ENABLED   WIFI-HARDWARE   WIFI  
     WWAN-HARDWARE   WWAN      
 running         0.9.8.0    connected       enabled       enabled         
enabled    enabled         disabled

** Affects: network-manager (Ubuntu)
     Importance: Undecided
         Status: New


** Tags: amd64 apport-bug saucy

-- 
You received this bug notification because you are a member of Desktop
Packages, which is subscribed to network-manager in Ubuntu.
https://bugs.launchpad.net/bugs/1183981

Title:
  Random wireless stalling using wl driver, chipset broadcom 4314
  [14e4:4727], on a Lenovo S206

Status in “network-manager” package in Ubuntu:
  New

Bug description:
  I am randomly losing connectivity to the Internet. I cannot ping
  anything, DNS resolving does not work and i cannot view any web pages,
  apt-get and such.

  I am seeing this issue on the liveCD, a fresh install of Saucy (daily
  build 23/5/2013) and also on an upgrade from Raring to Saucy.

  Network manager still thinks i am connected.

  I have disabled network manager and connected using a wpa_passphrase
  file and i still get the same issue.

  Interestingly enough, if i disconnect and reconnect to the wireless
  access point using nm_applet, i can get connectivity again until it
  stops again.

  route and arp -a were taking an age to return so i added a static
  entry to the arp cache. That made no difference.

  I have increased the debugging level from wpa_supplicant but i could
  not see any obvious failure in there. I'm not 100% sure what to look
  for though.

  I could see nothing in syslog or dmesg that would point to any obvious
  failure.

  I have uploaded this bug report after booting into the fresh problem
  install, waiting for the connection problem, reconnecting and raising
  this bug report.

  I am willing to help with any diagnostic information i can supply. The
  only connectivity this netbook has is wireless so this will be an
  issue when Saucy is released.

  I have lost connectivity while typing up this bug report.

  ProblemType: Bug
  DistroRelease: Ubuntu 13.10
  Package: network-manager 0.9.8.0-0ubuntu8
  ProcVersionSignature: Ubuntu 3.9.0-2.7-generic 3.9.3
  Uname: Linux 3.9.0-2-generic x86_64
  NonfreeKernelModules: wl
  ApportVersion: 2.10.2-0ubuntu1
  Architecture: amd64
  Date: Fri May 24 20:17:14 2013
  IfupdownConfig:
   # interfaces(5) file used by ifup(8) and ifdown(8)
   auto lo
   iface lo inet loopback
  InstallationDate: Installed on 2013-05-22 (1 days ago)
  InstallationMedia: Xubuntu 13.10 "Saucy Salamander" - Alpha amd64 (20130520)
  IpRoute:
   default via 192.168.0.1 dev eth0  proto static 
   169.254.0.0/16 dev eth0  scope link  metric 1000 
   192.168.0.0/24 dev eth0  proto kernel  scope link  src 192.168.0.100  metric 
9
  MarkForUpload: True
  NetworkManager.state:
   [main]
   NetworkingEnabled=true
   WirelessEnabled=true
   WWANEnabled=true
   WimaxEnabled=true
  SourcePackage: network-manager
  UpgradeStatus: No upgrade log present (probably fresh install)
  nmcli-con:
   NAME                      UUID                                   TYPE        
      TIMESTAMP    TIMESTAMP-REAL                     AUTOCONNECT   READONLY   
DBUS-PATH                                 
   whitehouse                ad5fc2ff-a272-404c-acb9-ff55fa8188c9   
802-11-wireless   1369423172   Fri 24 May 2013 20:19:32 BST       yes           
no         /org/freedesktop/NetworkManager/Settings/0
  nmcli-dev:
   DEVICE     TYPE              STATE         DBUS-PATH                         
         
   eth0       802-11-wireless   connected     
/org/freedesktop/NetworkManager/Devices/0
  nmcli-nm:
   RUNNING         VERSION    STATE           NET-ENABLED   WIFI-HARDWARE   
WIFI       WWAN-HARDWARE   WWAN      
   running         0.9.8.0    connected       enabled       enabled         
enabled    enabled         disabled

To manage notifications about this bug go to:
https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/network-manager/+bug/1183981/+subscriptions

-- 
Mailing list: https://launchpad.net/~desktop-packages
Post to     : [email protected]
Unsubscribe : https://launchpad.net/~desktop-packages
More help   : https://help.launchpad.net/ListHelp

Reply via email to