Happens to me too on 13.04.

Packages, which is subscribed to brasero in Ubuntu.

  Brasero hangs at Normalizing tracks

Status in A disc burning application for gnome 2:
  Fix Released
Status in “brasero” package in Ubuntu:

  Binary package hint: brasero

  After defining an audio project with a number of MP3 files, the "BURN" action
does nothing.
  It says "Normalizing tracks" but nothing actually happens for more than 15
minutes.
  The CPU load stays low (should rise because normalisation requires both I/O
and CPU resources).
  I would expect the project to be burnt onto an audio CD.

  Workaround: Disable the normalize plugin.

  ExecutablePath: /usr/bin/brasero
  NonfreeKernelModules: nvidia
  Package: brasero 2.26.1-0ubuntu1
  ProcEnviron: