OK, thanks.
Thought only dev were advised to migrate progressively to dconf in fact, not
that no new feature was implemented anymore in the GUI or core. So, as many dev
will probably take very long time to migrate (maybe never for some), we'll
never be allowed to easily use keyboard to navigate there to change their
settings, bad but understandable: need to focus all energies elsewhere (dconf)
now. ;-)

Anyway, dconf was still needed in addition and someone already did that one
year ago. I did a +1 there therefore.
See this link for more information:
https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/d-conf/+bug/995473

N.B.: For people interested in it, I found on this link that gconf-
editor can however use the Enter or Space key to open/close branches of
the tree, w0t! ;-)

Packages, which is subscribed to gconf-editor in Ubuntu.

  Allow us to open/close the tree/hierarchy with Left / Right keys
  (keyboard shortcuts)

Status in “gconf-editor” package in Ubuntu:
  Invalid

Bug description:
  Would be cool to have the possibility to quickly navigate in the
  tree/hierarchy by using the keyboard shortcuts Left and Right to
  open/close an item in the tree.