hi Oliver,

as you can see, that report is about "maverick" , aka gnome2 old time;
meaning no one works and will not on that oldish code, even if an gnome2
upstream report exist. That it.

Thats said, you can send a new report about gnome3; you'll get better chance to
grab a possible fix if you also report it upstream.
So i'm closing that useless one, sorry.

** Changed in: file-roller (Ubuntu)

** Changed in: file-roller

** Changed in: file-roller

** Changed in: file-roller
 Remote watch: GNOME Bug Tracker #630543 => None

** Changed in: file-roller

Packages, which is subscribed to file-roller in Ubuntu.

  file-roller does not respect sort order for folders

Status in File Roller:
  Invalid
Status in “file-roller” package in Ubuntu:
  Invalid

Bug description:
  Binary package hint: file-roller

  file-roller displays files and folders in an archive as multi-column
  list. Clicking a column title sorts it ascending, clicking it again
  sorts it descending. It behaves like Nautilus, except that folders are
  always sorted according to their name column!

  I'd expect that files and folders are both sorted according to the
  same column, the last-clicked column that shows the small arrow to
  indicate the sort order.

  I checked file-roller 2.30.1.1-0ubuntu2 (updated Lucid) and
  2.31.90-0ubuntu1 (Maverick beta1 CD) - both are affected.

  Package: file-roller 2.31.90-0ubuntu1
  ProcVersionSignature: Ubuntu 2.6.35-19.28-generic 2.6.35.3
  Uname: Linux 2.6.35-19-generic i686
  Architecture: i386