Ran baobab today and found that gwibber was using about 30GB of space in
my home dir!

~$ ls -sh ~/.local/share/desktop-couch/.gwibber_messages_design/
total 26G
 13M 0526a2ae236cc99c2b84d33f1be6cea1.view  2.7G
2f3267703246f5e02533e59714915b7d.view   24G
8873a749eadc0dee755b5fdfdc59c0a1.view

Is this really necessary?   How long does gwibber save data?  Is there a
way to turn down the history saving?

Packages, which is subscribed to gwibber in Ubuntu.

  gwibber_messages couchdb views use more disk space than needed

Status in Gwibber:
  Invalid
Status in “gwibber” package in Ubuntu:
  Invalid
Status in “gwibber” source package in Lucid:
  Triaged
Status in “gwibber” package in Debian:
  Invalid

Bug description:
  A lot of the views in the gwibber_messages couchdb database emit doc
  as the value. This is unnecessary, as any view can me made to return
  the document in its rows by calling it with the parameter
  include_docs=true, and I believe it wastes a lot of disk space, as the
  views are stored in their entirety. On my machine, with somewhere
  around 50K messages in gwibber, the database (after compaction) takes
  78MB, whereas the views for it take over 1GB.

  I have started work on a branch that fixes this, which should be
  pretty small, but it's a little more work than I expected, absent any
  kind of tests. I'll try to add tests for the changes I make at least.

  (Another space saver is to use much shorter document ids. It looks
  like gwibber generates its own ids, so I'd suggest encoding the uuids
  to base64 to use less bytes or something. Obviously I'm polluting my
  own bug here, I just wanted to make note of it somewhere in case I
  forget to follow up on it.)