having this problem in xubuntu 13.04, rhythmbox with loads of plugins,
also using google music which is uploading my library to the cloud.
memory use grew to 1132mb before I killed it; rhythmbox had already been
killed. Please let me know if any log required & how to do so if not
mentioned above. Thanks.

Packages, which is subscribed to gvfs in Ubuntu.

  Heavy memory leak in gvfsd-http

Status in GVFS:
  Fix Released
Status in “gvfs” package in Ubuntu:

  Binary package hint: gvfs

  gvfsd-http in hardy has a very big memory leak. The attached
  screenshot was taken after downloading > 1GB of files by dragging
  links from Firefox into a Nautilus window.