Greg Stachowski, thank you for your comments. You would want to test if
the LibreOffice PPA would work for you in Precise via
https://launchpad.net/~libreoffice/+archive/libreoffice-4-0?field.series_filter=precise
.

Miguelángel León, thank you for your comments. This bug report is not about
your problem, but the one reported by Jeremy Bicha. If you have a bug in
LibreOffice, the LibreOffice Packaging team, LibreOffice in Ubuntu team, Ubuntu
Bug Control team, and Ubuntu Bug Squad would like you to please file a new
report by executing the following in a terminal:
ubuntu-bug libreoffice

For more on this, please see the LibreOffice Debugging article:
https://wiki.ubuntu.com/LibreOfficeBugWrangling

the Ubuntu Bug Control team and Ubuntu Bug Squad team article:
https://wiki.ubuntu.com/Bugs/BestPractices#X.2BAC8-Reporting.Focus_on_One_Issue

and Ubuntu Community article:
https://help.ubuntu.com/community/ReportingBugs#Bug_reporting_etiquette

When opening up the new report, please feel free to subscribe me to it.

Please note, not filing a new report would delay your problem being
addressed as quickly as possible.

Greg Lynch, thank you for your comments. You would have a different problem
then that reported by Jeremy Bicha. Hence, could you please follow these
instructions to have apport report a new bug about your crash that can be dealt
with by the automatic retracer. First, execute at a terminal:
cd /var/crash && sudo rm * ; sudo apt-get update && sudo apt-get -y upgrade &&
sudo apt-get -y install libreoffice-dbg uno-libs3-dbg ure-dbg && sudo service
apport start force_start=1

If you are running the Ubuntu Stable Release you might need to enable
apport in /etc/default/apport and restart.

Now reproduce the crash, then open your file manager, navigate to your
/var/crash directory and open the crash report you wish to submit.
If this fails you will have to open a terminal and file your report with
'ubuntu-bug /var/crash/_my_crash_report.crash' where _my_crash_report.crash is
the crash you would like to report. If you get an error that you aren't allowed
to access this report you will have to file it with 'sudo ubuntu-bug
/var/crash/_my_crash_report.crash'. If you run the command against the crash
report and it does nothing, you may be affected by
https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/apport/+bug/994921 . In order to
WORKAROUND this, one would need to open the following file via a command line:
gksudo gedit /etc/apport/crashdb.conf

and comment out the line:
'problem_types': ['Bug', 'Package'],

by changing it to:
# 'problem_types': ['Bug', 'Package'],

Save, close, and try to file the crash report again via:
ubuntu-bug /var/crash/_my_crash_report.crash

Please follow https://wiki.ubuntu.com/LibreOfficeBugWrangling when you
file this crash report so the necessary information is provided.

Thank you for your understanding.

Helpful bug reporting tips:
https://help.ubuntu.com/community/ReportingBugs

  unity-panel-service uses ~100% CPU when libreoffice-gtk is installed
  and enabled

Status in “libreoffice” package in Ubuntu:
  Fix Released
Status in “unity” package in Ubuntu:
  Invalid
Status in “libreoffice” source package in Quantal:
  Fix Released
Status in “unity” source package in Quantal:
  Invalid

Bug description:
  unity-panel-service takes up most of the CPU, making Unity basically
  unresponsive. This has happened several times already.

  A sudo kill -9 <pid of unity-panel-service did work to get things back
  under control this time.

  I'm also having signficant freeze problems with LibreOffice. Both of
  these problems started yesterday.

  Package: unity-services 6.2.0-0ubuntu3
  CheckboxSubmission: 201084ed41ea7548f8becd47fa4d1e6c
  CheckboxSystem: c541d13ea4f205f2fd751f76ed21105b
  CompizPlugins:
[core,composite,opengl,compiztoolbox,decor,vpswitch,snap,mousepoll,resize,place,move,wall,grid,regex,imgpng,session,gnomecompat,animation,fade,unitymtgrabhandles,workarounds,scale,expo,ezoom,unityshell]