** Branch unlinked: lp:ubuntu/raring-proposed/oxygen-gtk3

Packages, which is subscribed to emacs23 in Ubuntu.

  emacs23/24 and other GTK applications do not start when run in Kubuntu
  13.04 with oxygen-gtk theme enabled

Status in GNU Emacs:
  Fix Released
Status in “emacs23” package in Ubuntu:
  Confirmed
Status in “emacs24” package in Ubuntu:
  Confirmed
Status in “oxygen-gtk3” package in Ubuntu:
  In Progress
Status in “emacs23” source package in Raring:
  Fix Committed
Status in “emacs24” source package in Raring:
  Fix Committed
Status in “oxygen-gtk3” source package in Raring:
  Fix Committed
Status in “gtk2-engines-oxygen” package in Debian:

  [Impact]

  * Emacs24 does not startup in KDE

  [Test Case]

  * Install emacs24
  * Set gtk3 theme to oxygen-gtk via systemsettings > Application Appearence >
GTK
  * Run emacs24
  * Install update
  * Try and run emacs24 again

  [Regression Potential]
  * Minimal
  * Upstream release for oxygen-gtk3 is only a bug fix release

  If I try to run emacs23 in Kubuntu 13.04, (KDE 4.10.0) I am finding that the
GUI starts only some of the time.

  If the GUI doesn't start then I will only see a process running in
  htop or similar.

  Starting emacs in a terminal window with the -nw argument or
  installing the Lucid interface shows that emacs does run each time it
  starts so the problem is either with the emacs GTK interface or the
  GTK libraries.

  Emacs24 exhibits the same problem.

  Package: emacs23 (not installed)
  ApportVersion: 2.9-0ubuntu2