Public bug reported:

1. Availability: Has been packaged in Ubuntu & Debian for years; the latest
version is in Saucy
2. Rationale: This blocks bug 853994. While the installer allows using the
webcam to set the user picture, Ubuntu does not provide a way to do that after
install. Both gnome-control-center and gnome-contacts can optionally build with
cheese to allow this.

Now that laptops are more popular than desktops, it may be worth
shipping Cheese by default but we at least want the webcam support in
System Settings and Contacts.

3. Security: No security vulnerability history
https://cve.mitre.org/cgi-bin/cvekey.cgi?keyword=cheese
https://secunia.com/advisories/search/?search=cheese
4. QA:
http://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/pkgreport.cgi?src=cheese
https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/cheese
https://bugzilla.gnome.org/buglist.cgi?quicksearch=product%3A"cheese";
5. UI standards: Yes, translated and has a valid .desktop.
6. Dependencies: I believe all are in main except gnome-video-effects which is
MIR bug 1189173.
https://bazaar.launchpad.net/~ubuntu-branches/ubuntu/saucy/gnome-video-effects/saucy/view/head:/debian/control.in
7. Standards Compliance: 3.9.3
8. Maintenance: Basically in sync with Debian except that we don't need to use
the "bad" gstreamer plugins. Maintained by the Debian GNOME Team.

http://packages.qa.debian.org/cheese
http://projects.gnome.org/cheese/

** Affects: cheese (Ubuntu)

Packages, which is subscribed to cheese in Ubuntu.

  [MIR] cheese

Status in “cheese” package in Ubuntu: