** Attachment removed: "p3.zip"

https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/nautilus/+bug/1190686/+attachment/3702479/+files/p3.zip

** Description changed:

  When you have an image with an embedded ICC profile, nautilus simply
  discards the profile and shows the image with wrong colors. I have
  noticed this in two occasions.

  1. Automatically generated thumbnails in the file manager.
  2. Wallpapers.

  I'm not sure nautilus is responsible for the latter. I also reported is
  a Unity bug.

  https://bugs.launchpad.net/unity/+bug/1187352
-
- To reproduce this, extract both images from the attached archive. The
- first picture has an embedded profile, the other was converted to the
- standard sRGB color space with the profile stripped.
-
- Open both images in a profile aware image viewer, such as eog. There is
- no color difference.
-
- Then go to the folder where you stored them, switch to icon view and let
- nautilus automatically make thumbnails. Use Ctrl+ till you have maximum
- thumbnail size. You will notice that the original picture with profile
- is less vibrant, and green in particular is more yellowish.

  nautilus ignores color profiles in images

Status in “nautilus” package in Ubuntu: