This bug was fixed in the package apport - 2.10.2-0ubuntu2

---------------
apport (2.10.2-0ubuntu2) saucy; urgency=low

  [ Brian Murray ]
  * data/general-hooks/ubuntu.py:
    - Resolve crash in duplicate signature calculation when the package is not
      installed (LP: #1184121)
    - Remove unusable check for previous package install failures
    - Fix indentation of package-conflict check

  [ Martin Pitt ]
  * Raise python-apport's "Suggests: python launchpadlib" to Depends:, as the
    only reason why to install this package is for apport-collect these days.
    (LP: #1192330)
  * Merge from trunk:
    - hookutils.py, attach_conffiles(): Fix check for inaccessible or modified
      conffiles. (LP: #1192899)
    - Updated translations from LP.
  * etc/apport/crashdb.conf: Enable crash reports on Launchpad for saucy.
 -- Martin Pitt <[email protected]>   Fri, 21 Jun 2013 07:16:00 +0200

** Changed in: apport (Ubuntu)
       Status: Fix Committed => Fix Released

-- 
You received this bug notification because you are a member of Desktop
Packages, which is subscribed to apport in Ubuntu.
https://bugs.launchpad.net/bugs/1192330

Title:
  missing dependencies on Ubuntu Server

Status in “apport” package in Ubuntu:
  Fix Released

Bug description:
  Not sure if the base of Apport is installed by default on Ubuntu
  Server or not, to be honest.... but I'm trying to add logs to a bug on
  a server I was testing recently that is running the armhf build of
  Precise.

  I thought apport was good to go as I was able to run the command
  apport-collect (tab complete filled in when I hit apport-col<TAB>)

  BUT, Instead I got the following message:
  ubuntu@c18:~$ apport-collect 1185669
  You need to run 'sudo apt-get install python-apport' for apport-collect to 
work.

  So I instaled python-apport and tried again, but met ANOTHER dependency error:
  ubuntu@c18:~$ apport-collect 1185669
  ERROR: The launchpadlib Python module is not installed. This functionality is 
not available.

  This is what I have installed at this point:
  ubuntu@c18:~$ dpkg -l |grep apport
  ii  apport                             2.9.2-0ubuntu8                         
 all          automatically generate crash reports for debugging
  ii  apport-symptoms                    0.19                                   
 all          symptom scripts for apport
  ii  python-apport                      2.9.2-0ubuntu8                         
 all          Python library for Apport crash report handling
  ii  python3-apport                     2.9.2-0ubuntu8                         
 all          Python 3 library for Apport crash report handling

  So now I install launchpadlib, which installs a lot more things...
  Finally, apport-collect starts attempting to collect information for
  my bug.  HOWEVER, now I'm met with a lot of python tracebacks because
  of missing gi.repository files...

  See the attached log file showing the output from apport-collect with
  all the ImportError tracebacks.

To manage notifications about this bug go to:
https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/apport/+bug/1192330/+subscriptions

-- 
Mailing list: https://launchpad.net/~desktop-packages
Post to     : [email protected]
Unsubscribe : https://launchpad.net/~desktop-packages
More help   : https://help.launchpad.net/ListHelp

Reply via email to