Public bug reported:

I am using a Dell Studio 1555 laptop running 13.04. When I choose the
option "Do Nothing" on closing lid, it still suspends system. No way to
recover from suspend but to hard reset. Have been facing this problem
since 11.10

** Affects: firefox (Ubuntu)

  power options on closing lid not working properly

Status in “firefox” package in Ubuntu: