This bug doesn't seem to affect the latest version of gedit, 3.8,
available in Ubuntu 13.10 Alpha.
** Package changed: gedit-plugins (Ubuntu) => gedit (Ubuntu)
** Changed in: gedit (Ubuntu)
Status: Confirmed => Fix Released
** Also affects: gedit (Ubuntu Precise)
Importance: Undecided
Status: New
--
You received this bug notification because you are a member of Desktop
Packages, which is subscribed to gedit in Ubuntu.
https://bugs.launchpad.net/bugs/995747
Title:
Gedit: Remove trailing spaces feature removes last line.
Status in set of plugins for gedit:
New
Status in “gedit” package in Ubuntu:
Fix Released
Status in “gedit” source package in Precise:
Confirmed
Bug description:
Ubuntu 12.04 LTS, 64Bit
Gedit 3.4.1
Here's what happend.
1. Launch gedit.
2. Create new file type. I am writing PHP file when I noticed it. So I
created a PHP file.
3. Put some codes/strings in there. Be sure your last line is a text.
4. Use Remove trailing spaces feature of gedit.
5. Observe, the last line will be trimmed.
I expect, only trailing spaces will be removed.
I found out that the last line was also remove.
I also use other programming languages and still removes the string.
Attached is the sample string I made.
Open it with gedit 3.4.1 and remove trailing spaces.
The comment should not be removed.
To manage notifications about this bug go to:
https://bugs.launchpad.net/gedit-plugins/+bug/995747/+subscriptions
--
Mailing list: https://launchpad.net/~desktop-packages
Post to : [email protected]
Unsubscribe : https://launchpad.net/~desktop-packages
More help : https://help.launchpad.net/ListHelp