oneiric have reached EOL now ; closing that report. Feel free to report
against a newer version if needed, with ubuntu-bug

** Changed in: software-center (Ubuntu)

Packages, which is subscribed to software-center in Ubuntu.

  software-center-gtk3 crashed with IOError in _open(): [Errno 5] Erreur
  d'entrée/sortie: '/home/xel/.cache/software-center/software-
  center.log'

Status in “software-center” package in Ubuntu:
  Invalid

Bug description:
  Hello,

  During the installation (with usb key made with software from ubuntu
  under windows) I had crash at nearly the end but system boot up now on
  harddisk. I've just boot up my new installation install and remove
  some languages plugins and activate nvidia support video card with
  current version next reboot I got crash with ubuntu software.

  ProblemType: Crash
  DistroRelease: Ubuntu 11.10
  Package: software-center 4.1.21
  NonfreeKernelModules: nvidia