oneiric have reached EOL now ; closing that report. Feel free to report
against a newer version if needed, with ubuntu-bug

** Changed in: software-center (Ubuntu)

Packages, which is subscribed to software-center in Ubuntu.

  Ubuntu Software Center refreshes itself constantly while uninstalling
  multiple packages

Status in “software-center” package in Ubuntu:
  Invalid

Bug description:
  I'm using Ubuntu 11.10 and software-center "5.0.2ubuntu0.1". I'm
  attempting to uninstall several packages one after another, they get
  added to the queue and begin uninstalling while I keep selecting other
  packages. Now, everytime a package finishes uninstalling, the whole
  screen refreshes itself, it becomes unusable for a few seconds while I
  get the spinning wheel icon and then returns control but having
  collapsed all categories instead of remembering where I was.

  A possible workaround is to uninstall packages one by one, but that
  wold be quite time consuming and one would have to enter the password
  for each package. In any case, I think it'd be better if the refresh
  didn't happen in such a disruptive way, or at least if it was able to
  remember the user's last position within the software tree.

  By the way: I'm using Gnome 3 and Unity is uninstalled from my system
  (I don't know if that can make any difference).

  Package: software-center 5.0.2ubuntu0.1
  Uname: Linux 3.0.0-13-generic i686
  ApportVersion: 1.23-0ubuntu4
  Architecture: i386