oneiric have reached EOL now ; closing that report. Feel free to report
against a newer version if needed, with ubuntu-bug

** Changed in: software-center (Ubuntu)

Packages, which is subscribed to software-center in Ubuntu.

  Display incorrect item count

Status in “software-center” package in Ubuntu:
  Invalid

Bug description:
  See screenshot

  There are 2 visible items to install in screenshot, but the list says
  100 items available. At the bottom left of the screen it says 217
  technical items.

  My guess is that the 100 items to install is not accurate and probably
  from another section I was looking at before.

  Package: software-center 4.1.21