dimovnike wrote: "It looks like the touchpad is sending scroll events
even after you lift the fingers up from touchpad."

Perhaps so. However, I don't remember having this problem on earlier
versions of Firefox on the same computer.

(PS. What is the proper way to quote other comments?)

  In Firefox, scrolling and then pressing Ctrl causes zoom

Status in “firefox” package in Ubuntu:

  When scrolling a heavy webpage in Firefox tend to lag on my computer
  so that the motion of the page continues after I have stopped giving
  scrolling commands. If I then, before the page has stopped, press Ctrl
  (to Ctrl-Tab switch between tabs, for example) Firefox starts to zoom
  the page (as when you scroll while holding Ctrl). This is unwanted
  behaviour every time for me. I'm using Ubuntu 11.04 with Firefox 5
  (5.0+build1+nobinonly-0ubuntu0.11.04.2). In Ubuntu 10.10, the
  behaviour was the expected, i.e., zooming or scrolling was determined
  based on if you held Ctrl pressed while rolled your scroll wheel, not
  whether Ctrl was pressed during the motion of the page.

  To reproduce:
  1. Open a webpage in Firefox, preferably a large and heavy one.
  2. Make sure your computer is slow enough that the scrolling motion of the
page lags appreciably behind the scrolling commands of your mouse wheel.
  3. Stop rolling the wheel and while the page is still scrolling, press Ctrl.
This causes Firefox to zoom the page.

  Package: firefox 5.0+build1+nobinonly-0ubuntu0.11.04.2
  ProcVersionSignature: Ubuntu 2.6.38-8.42-generic 2.6.38.2
  Uname: Linux 2.6.38-8-generic i686
  Architecture: i386
  Date: Wed Jun 29 10:10:27 2011
  FirefoxPackages:
   firefox 5.0+build1+nobinonly-0ubuntu0.11.04.2
   flashplugin-installer 10.3.181.26ubuntu0.11.04.1
   adobe-flashplugin N/A
   icedtea-plugin 1.1~20110420-0ubuntu1.1
  ProcEnviron:
   LANGUAGE=sv_SE:en
   PATH=(custom, user)
   LANG=sv_SE.UTF-8
   SHELL=/bin/bash
  SourcePackage: firefox
  UpgradeStatus: Upgraded to natty on 2011-06-03 (25 days ago)