Jockey  has been superseded by software-properties, which now handles
third-party driver configuration.


** Changed in: jockey (Ubuntu)
       Status: New => Invalid

** Changed in: netbook-remix
       Status: New => Invalid

-- 
You received this bug notification because you are a member of Desktop
Packages, which is subscribed to jockey in Ubuntu.
https://bugs.launchpad.net/bugs/477107

Title:
  No wireless on Dell Mini 10v

Status in Ubuntu Netbook Remix:
  Invalid
Status in “jockey” package in Ubuntu:
  Invalid

Bug description:
  I installed Netbook Remix with Wubi - dual boot with Windows XP.
  Everything works fine in windows, and almost everything works in
  Ubuntu, except wireless. Going to the hardware drivers screen (even
  when connected to wired internet) it says 'searching for drivers' and
  then gives me a message of 'No proprietary drivers are in use on this
  system'. Some other reports online say that driver options show up,
  but I have nothing - just a blank white box.

  I went to the broadcom website and found the linux drivers for my
  card, but I have no idea how to install them.

  My card is a Broadcom BCM4322 802.11a/b/g/n PCI-E

  When I do 'sudo lshw -class network' in terminal it shows up, so the
  OS can see the card.

  I don't know what else to do. Definitely don't want to be tethered to
  a wire.

To manage notifications about this bug go to:
https://bugs.launchpad.net/netbook-remix/+bug/477107/+subscriptions

-- 
Mailing list: https://launchpad.net/~desktop-packages
Post to     : [email protected]
Unsubscribe : https://launchpad.net/~desktop-packages
More help   : https://help.launchpad.net/ListHelp

Reply via email to