** Bug watch added: Debian Bug tracker #716800

** Also affects: xfonts-terminus (Debian) via

Packages, which is subscribed to xfonts-terminus in Ubuntu.

  Konsole + Terminus font, wrong line alignment (Update to terminus
  4.38)

Status in “xfonts-terminus” package in Ubuntu:
  Triaged
Status in “xfonts-terminus” package in Debian:
  Unknown

Bug description:
  I use Konsole 4:4.6.90+repack-0ubuntu1 under Ubuntu Oneiric x86_64 (upgraded
from Natty)
  I use Terminus font of size 11 (Xorg DPI detected as 128,121)
  I noticed that when the line starts from 'thin' character like 'I' or '1'
which has some empty space on the left of its bitmap, the line is displayed
shifted by 1 pixel to the left.
  The test case is following :

  for z in 1 2 I 3 l
  do echo $z'|||'
  done

  Run this and notice vertical lines are shifted by 1 pixel left when printed
after 1, I and l.
  Also you can notice the rest of line shifting left or right by 1 pixel  when
you move cursor through it, or when you change highlighted text selection.

  On another system, with Natty konsole package v. 4:4.6.2-0ubuntu1 , lines are
straight and not shifted.
  (Terminus 11, DPI  88,89)

  Reporting this to Launchpad, being voluntary Oneiric tester. Please forward
this upstream if needed.
  ---
  InstallationMedia: Kubuntu 9.10 "Karmic Koala" - Release amd64 (20091027)
  Package: konsole 4:4.6.90+repack-0ubuntu1
  PackageArchitecture: amd64
  ProcEnviron:
   LANGUAGE=
   SHELL=/bin/bash
  ProcVersionSignature: Ubuntu 3.0.0-4.5-generic 3.0.0-rc6
  Tags:  oneiric
  UserGroups: adm admin cdrom dialout lpadmin netdev plugdev sambashare