I helped Hasdai file this bug, it probably has something to with the Graphics
Environment.
Can't be more specific on the package, we found no explicit errors pointing at
Xorg, but when this happens everything freeze, the screen stays up and both
mouse and keyboard freeze.

Assuming its Xorg or perhaps the intel graphics driver? This has "only"
been happening off and on for the last 3 weeks or so

** Package changed: ubuntu => xorg (Ubuntu)

Packages, which is subscribed to xorg in Ubuntu.

  system randomly hardlocks T530

Status in “xorg” package in Ubuntu:

  System started randomly hardlocking about 3 weeks ago. Hardlock doesn't seem
to be related to open programs, usually chrome and some other basic programs
are open.
  When hardlock happens, switching TTYs is not possible also none of the
logs(syslog, kern, dmesg, Xorg) show any kind of error.

  Ran memtest with no errors found.

  All packages up to date with current LTS repos

  Kernel 3.2.0-49-generic
  Ubuntu 12.04.2 LTS